RULES AND REGULATION
This post is also available in: French
All that you must know about the regulation of the race, requires of your parents to read with you, these information are also important for them.
The price to register is 8€.
Licensed children FFTRI or UNSS have to:
• Join to the application form a copy of the licence 2013
For the licences delivered by the federation members of the ITU:
• Join to the application form a copy of the licence 2013 with an ID photo
The non-licensed children have to:
• Get a one day-licence at the registration stand located in the Ironman Expo (it’s free of charge)
• Important: you have to provide a medical certificate of less than one year specifying the aptitude for an aquathlon.
• For every non-licensed, a parental authorisation must be provided (on the back of the registration form)
At your arrival in Nice, come and register at the IronKIDS tent located in the Ironman Expo (Promenade des Anglais).
Thursday, June 20th: 10.00am – 7.00pm
Friday, June 21st: 9.00am – 7.00pm
Saturday, June 22nd: 9.00am – 7.00pm
There is no registration on Sunday.
For the registration, you will have to bring:
• your valid licence for the season in progress
• if you are non-licensed, a medical certificate and your parental authorization duly filled in and signed.
Process of the registration:
Make sure you know your start number before coming to the reception at the registration tent. An alphabetical list of the participants with the start numbers will be posted in the Crédit Mutuel Ironman Expo. You have to control your information before receiving your package. If you are not yet registered, go directly to the IronKids tent.
At the registration, you will receive:
1 number, 1 bathing cap, 4 safety pins, a timing chip and a tee-shirt you will have to wear during the RUN. The non-observance of this rule would lead to a direct and without call disqualification.
Thank you to carefully controlling your race package.
You will get your timing chip during your registration. On race day, you must attach the chip on your ankle. You must always have it on you all along the race. The chip will give your time and your position.
For the SWIM part, you must wear the swim cap provided in your race package. You have not to wear your start number during swim.
For the RUN part, your start number must be placed in front of the t-shirt. The number as well as sponsors printed on it must be perfectly visivle and mustn’t be modified (nurse pins are provided in your race package). The worn of a blet number is tolerated only if it allows a perfect visibility of the number.
Briefing – OBLIGATORY!
The participation in the briefing is obligatory. The briefing takes place on Sunday morning before each race, on the start zone.
Transition area and aid station
The transition area is located at the slope of the Centenary (beach: Plage du centenaire). Before the race, you will deposit there your IronKIDS tee-shirt, your running shoes and your start number in the corresponding place.
After the race, you will receive a bag with an aid station so you can recover after your effort with food drinks.
Pick up your bag
After the race, go back on the beach to pick up your bag with your belongings. Your parents will wait you there. Only kids can pick up their bags.
If you need assistance, tell to the first volunteer/official you will see. A medical assistance will then be called and will provide you the first care. Imperatively stay at the place from which you called the assistance.
The results will be posted on Sunday on the Stand Info located on the Promenade des Anglais. The Award Ceremony will take place on Sunday morning, from 11 : 15 am, on the beach.
1. The port of the swim cap given by the organizer is obligatory.
2. Only the boats of the rescue teams or official are authorized to sail on the SWIM circuit.
1. The tee-shirt provided by the organisation must be worn during the RUN, from the transition area until the cossing of the finishing line. The tee-shirt must be worn correctly and it size mustn’t be reduced or distorted.
2. It is forbidden to run barefoot. For safety reason, Kids must run with their baskets. Participants must have put their baskets before the enf of the transition area.
3. It is forbidden to leave the course or to take a short cut.
4. It is forbidden to be helped by a third on the RUN circuit.
5. The number must be perfectly visible on the tee-shirt.
6. You will be disqualified if you take of the assistance of a characteristic third of way.
7. The mobile radios or telephones are prohibited for the competitors.
1. The rules and regulation are the ones of the French Federation of Triathlon (FFTRI).
2. The chip must be placed at the right ankle and worn during the entire competition.
3. There is no area to deposit clothing you worn before the start. By consequent, leave it your parents.